Saturday, March 9, 2013

Blog Introduction

Welcome!

I'm glad that you found this blog and I'm hoping that it will help you in some way. I don't know where you're coming from or what you might have searched for to find this blog, but first of all, I want to be your friend. You might be just like me, or you might be completely different. I have a lot to learn from you, and I hope you can learn something from me.

The main purpose of this blog is to talk about something that is bigger than all of us. It's bigger than our successes and failures and our strengths and weaknesses. It's bigger than whatever we choose to identify ourselves as. It brings us together, it gives us meaning and purpose, and it changes our perspective of life. It's what's really important, it's the big picture, it's the reality outside of our perceived world and experiences. Sounds important, right? I believe that it is.

Here's the foundation:

  1. There is a God. He is perfect, all-knowing, and all-powerful. He created everything, but more importantly, He created us. He is our Father and He has a love that transcends everything that we can imagine.
  2. Heavenly Father knows you and me perfectly. We have had a Father-Child relationship with Him for a long time. Before life on this earth, we lived with Him. We had an identity.
  3. Heavenly Father created a plan where we as His children could grow up, learn, get better, and eventually become like Him. It a perfect plan and the only way to accomplish that goal.
  4. A big part of that plan was agency, the freedom for us to choose what we do, good or bad. Agency is the only way that we can learn to make the right decisions and make them all the time.
  5. The difficult thing is that with agency, we will make mistakes. Even one mistake will keep us from our goal. We will all fail (and have already failed) many times. As you've probably noticed, this life is hard!
  6. Because the plan is perfect, Heavenly Father provided His son, Jesus Christ, as a Savior. Jesus Christ's atonement covers our sins, our mistakes, and every unfair thing that comes in this life.
  7. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ taught us the Gospel, which is the way that we accept and use the atonement to have affect in our lives.
  8. We must stay true to and have hope in that Gospel if we want to accomplish our Heavenly Father's plan, which will bring us eternal happiness.
Are you interested? I hope so. Heavenly Father wants all of us to make it. I want to make it, and I want to help others make it as well. I want you to make it.

In this blog, I want to share my experiences of following this plan and striving to stay true to the Gospel. I'll be upfront right now though, I make mistakes. I am not perfect. I am often confused to how I fit in and how this plan will work for me. I don't always feel hope. But the one thing that I do know is that this plan is perfect for me and learning about it and following it will be the only way for me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment